I'm in love with our baby

Saturday, July 23, 2011

I know every mother is. But mine is bordering on obsession type of thing. As again all mothers do. Haha.

So, I noticed I do not have quite a lot of blog entry about my baby boy Elijah  which perplexes me as most of my waking (even sleeping) time is filled with snippets of his smile and laughter. At the office, I am a walking zombie until I reach my minimum 8 hours work-day. Smelling his "pawis-filled anit" as soon as I come home is the highlight of any week day. He has endless bag of tricks which turn my world upside down. It could be a wave, a chuckle, a silly song he’s singing, a look, a gaze, a sigh. My crazy munchkin' has my heart wrapped around his pudgy cute little fingers.

(Don't get me wrong, I do love my boyfriend-husband to bits also. As documented here and here, but my love for Eli is a love that I never knew could exist before. It's even possible that you get annoyed with this mundane motherly babble I'm sort of doing right now. You don't even have to like what I say. All these thoughts are purely just for me. You can skip this and I would completely understand.)

Our baby is the kindest, sweetest baby even from the start. He'd want nothing from anyone. He's fine as long as he has mama and her milk. Over time he grew fond of other people's faces too. Dad's stubby chin. Tita ninang's heartly laugh. Lola mommy's lovely lullaby. All who met him became instant fans. And he is generous to them with his hug and laughter. Now at eight months, he is the friendliest baby ever. He would lie on your shoulder as if you are old friends and look at you deep in the eye with a twinkle.

Elijah, has fever running for the past three days. He got the "super-virus" from his dad. He's been coughing and sneezing like there’s no tomorrow and last night was the worst hit. I did not sleep at all. He didn't want to be put down. He wanted me to hug him tight all night. So there I was at 3am in the morning bruised arms and all singing my baby boy to sleep. As I type this, my baby boy is sleeping on my lap, faced tucked in my bosom.

Soon, Elijah's world will be filled with playthings, then dreams of adulthood. For now I cherish that he adores every bit of me. He sees me and his eyes immediately lights up. He's sick and he doesn't want anyone except mommy. Oh motherhood. Not a day passes that I did not thank God I became one.

Dear Eli, you are such a strong and brave boy. I love you to the moon and back.










Keep on loving and living everyone.

:)

1 comments:

Faye said...

cute!!!

www.quicker8.com

Post a Comment