Pork Stir-Fry

Monday, April 23, 2012

Found this recipe in Yummy Menu for a Month booklet. I had no idea what to cook and I was having around 9 people for dinner. I grabbed the copy of the recipe book and chose the menu with the simplest ingredients because I had only 45 minutes until my guests arrive.

End result: they loved it. I cooked this 3 weeks back and we are having this again tonight.

What you need:
1 kilo pork strip (I used pork kasim because it is tender)
8 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons honey (use the pure ones)
3 - 4 cloves of garlic
2 cups of sliced Baguio beans
2 packs of frozen mix vegetables
2 - 3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 large bell peppers cut into strips
1 big can of button mushroom
2 - 3 pinch of cayenne pepper (I added this for the additional omph)

What you need to do:
1. Combine soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Add pork strips and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes. (I added cayenne pepper because hubby wants everything spicy.)

2. Cook the beans in salted boiling water until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Add the frozen vegetable and cook for another minute. Drain.

3. Heat oil in a wok (note from me: the older the wok the better hehe) and stir fry the pork over high heat (ala Iron chef). Add bell peppers and mushrooms. Lower the heat and add the pork marinade. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Season to taste as needed. (I used salt, pepper, a dash of Worcester sauce and paprika as seasonings.)

Another tip: if you want the stir-fry to be more Chinese food tasting use sesame oil to stir-fry the meat instead of olive oil.

I love simple recipes. Ingredients are simple. Process is simple as well. Takes about 20 minutes cooking only.

Pictures!

Lovely colors after blanching.

Pork stir-fry

2 comments:

Post a Comment