Dance like no one is watching

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Believe it or not, I used to dance a lot all throughout my school days. Dancing was such a part of my yearly school activities.

I love the feeling of high (parang addict lang) just before the dance number. When you think you will blank out and that you have forgotten every step you practiced for two straight weeks and just when the first note of the song hits you, your body becomes alive and suddenly you find yourself moving without even thinking, without even willing, you just dance.

I think I performed while still hung over (it was friend's debut party the night before) during college. It was one of the best dance performances I did. I trained in UP too, dancing to cultural music. For a time there I thought iwawaksi ko all pop songs but then the call of Destiny's child and N'Synch was just too hard to resist.

Why am I saying all this? I was in a cab tonight and manong driver had on party music. It hit me: I miss dancing. Like getting lost in a song and forgetting that there are people other than you. I miss it, miss it, miss it.

Have I gotten old? Methinks, no one is ever too old for dancing. I have got to go out one of these days. Drown myself in music so loud that I will almost forget to breathe.

Dance so silly people will think I'm nuts. Dance until I my legs turn jelly. Dance until maging Hagadro Versoza ako (haggard!).

That's it. Friday na tomorrow. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment