Now that I am slowly returning to the kitchen, I promise to blog at least one recipe per week.
Cooking is fun! Writing about it is equally fun. =)
My husband requested out of the blue one day that he wanted Nachos "with everything on it" salsa. And another requirement was that is has to be suuuuper spicy!
The full name of this recipe is actually:
O diba parang horror movie lang. Tee hee. It was my husband who gave that name after he tasted how spicy it was. This chilli beef is so versatile too. You can use it as toppings for nachos, chilli dogs, or even as ulam over hot rice.
What you need:
1/4 kilo lean ground australian beef
1 big green or red bell pepper
1 medium sized white onion (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 can diced tomato
Salt, pepper, olive oil
1 lady fingers chilli
Herbs: Spanish paprika, cumin, sage, taragon
3 kinds of chilli powder: spanish, kashmiri (indian) and korean chilli
What you need to do:
1) Pour generous amount of good olive oil, when it's already hot put the chilli powers (measurement will depend on your preference or how adventurous your are), let it stay for about 10-15 seconds
2) Saute garlic and onions on the chilli oil (so as not to burn the garlic, I put the onion and garlic at the same time), until golden brown
3) Put the beef into the pan and incorporate well, put salt and pepper
4) Once the beef is no loger pinkish, put the chopped bell peppers, lady fingers and the herbs (put generous amount of cumin as this is really your background flavor). Note: Your entire house will now start smelling like a Mexican fiesta
5) Pour the 1 can of diced tomato plus about 1/4 cup of water. Let this boil and wait until all the water has evaporated
6) Add a few sprinkle of sugar (sugar is my "vetsin"), adjust the taste to your liking
For the nachos: arrange the nachos on the plate, pour the chilli beef, put chopped tomatoes, white onion, lettuce and gratted cheese.
For chilli dog: steam the sausage (works best with hungarian or spicy italian sausages), put this on the bread, pour in the chilli beef and grated cheese on top. Serve hot.
Nachos with everthing on it
Kulang nalang margarita. =)
2 hours ago