Crazy, Stupid, Love (Movie Rave-view)

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I am trying to shy away from doing movie reviews because I get the sense that for one to do it, one must be well... intelligent. I’m pretty sure I do not officially deserve that title yet. But this movie, I so want all my friends to see.

It may be one of THE best romantic comedies I have seen. I will not get into the details because I am no expert but here are some of the things I love about the movie:

a) It points out it's own clichés (watch it and you'll understand) and the scenes are quite realistic
b) All the grandiose, sappy declaration of love (which ALL Star Cinema or Drew Barrymore movies have i.e. airport chases, declaring love in front of a crowd, musical scoring, etc...) are thwarted in this movie
c) Deeply painful and romantic moments are filled through silences, quiet moments and simple ordinary acts (a phone call, a private joke, long  simple personal conversations)
d) Ryan Gosling

I know I know I may have not convinced you yet but I really can't. I am not good at this. All I'm saying is watch it and you'll never regret it.



PS: Hubby, thanks for taking me on a movie date and for the Pepper Lunch dinner. I loved the movie. Loved the food. And I love the fact that the movie and food became extra fun because of your company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment