30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 2

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Favorite movies

Hey! It is day 2 of the 30 day blog challenge. If you want to read why I am doing this nonsense you can read it here. Or skip this blog altogether if I annoy the hell out of you. :P

What a perky introduction! Okay so where was I?

This being day 2, I have to talk about my favorite movies.


….


….


*crickets chirping* (kruuhhh-khruuuhh)

So it’s not like I do not have favorite movies but it’s more of like, I like so many that this will be very boring na. If the hubby were to write this, he will say intellectual movies like “Schindler's List” or triumph of the human spirit stuff like “The Shawshank Redemption”, or geeky nerdy movies like “Star Wars” or.. or.. the sleep-fest “Saving Ryan’s Privates”… err “Saving Private Ryan” pala. Jejeje. (That is one tricky title. I always get those two words mixed up. :P)

I always say that the last movie I watched (as long as I got entertained) is my favorite.

Plus I am not the intellectual kind so it may look like hindi pinag isipan ang aking list. However, I’ve seen the movies below over and over again so I guess that’s why they became my top choices.

1) Plot of this movie highly improbable I know (ibaba ang eyebrows!). I like the idea that the guy (Adam Sandler) makes the girl fall in love with him everyday. I like the setting which is Hawaii. (I believe I was a Polynesian in my past life.) Because everything looks rosy and fresh. Because Drew’s character here and I share the same taste in flowers. I'll never get tired of watching this film ever. And because I watched this on the night before my wedding day to ensure I get a good night’s sleep.

50 First Dates



2)  I tell you to watch this and believe me when I say that the film is actually deeper than it seems. Despite the seemingly dark foreboding tone, in the end it made me feel hopeful.

Little Miss Sunshine



3)  After watching this movie for the first time, it has been my tradition to watch this during Christmas. I’ve watched the movie countless times already and I still laugh and cry.

Love Actually



4) One of the first movies I got obsessed with when I was a child. I keep imagining that I was the lead character and the things I would do. I told my mom, when I grow up I want to be Bill Murray. I was a weird kid. (What? You haven’t seen this? This is a classic noh? Watchit watchit watchit!!!!)

Groundhog Day



5) Finally, because I love the arts and I am deep. And because I understand and appreciate the Filipino culture in its truest sense.

My Filipino classic favorite is….

...


Oro Plata Mata


Choz lang.


...


Maynila Sa Kuko ng Liwanag


Char ulit…


Eto sure na:

Bituing Walang Nining! (English: A star without shine!)

I was a "Sharonian" when I was a kid. Period.




*** 

[Side kwento, we had to bring out little bunchkin’ to the ER of Medical City earlier this evening. His fever would not let up. While he was there high temperature and all, my little baby was still an entertainer. He would smile and laugh with anyone willing to play, smile and coo with him. We were discharged since negative ang urinalysis. Right now, his temperature is a little better na. I will try to hold off sleeping for as long as I can so I can just stare at his face and whisper in his ear that I love him every 21 seconds until he gets better.]

***

Till tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment