30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 4

Friday, June 3, 2011

Favorite Books

4th day of the 30 day blog challenge. :)

My love affair with books started when I was in grade 3. It was when I was old enough to remember but was still young enough to believe everything what my yaya (nanny) says.

I realized that I was not the best runner around.
(Always ako "out" sa patintero and moro-moro.)

I realized I was not the best jumper.
(Laging "dead" sa chinese garter.)

I was also the worst catcher. For quite a bit of time, I was afraid of balls.
(True story promise!)

I said if I cannot be good at sports then can I be a beauty queen nalang? But somehow, even back then I was able to deduce that I have no future in showbizness or mow-delling. (I was just self aware.)

Okay so why books? While my classmates were accumulating grime and dirt and were being sweaty under the sun I was the lone kid staying in our school’s air-conditioned library poring over books.

I was not reading classics & pang “matatalinong” books. I was reading Sweet Valley, Choose Your Own Adventure, Nancy Drew and The Adventure Tin Tin books. After lunch, my classmates are all pawis-pawis, while me super fresh! Jejeje.

Books saved me from boredom during humid summer vacation. I was a wild.. este wide reader. I would read anything and everything. I was already reading Tom Clancy during high school because it was what my daddy was reading.

I hope my son grows up loving books as well. I want him to discover the world of words. When he reads the books I used to read, then I imagine that we just shared an experience. By reading the books where thoughts are frozen in time forever, I know my happy childhood memories will always also be alive forever.

Books I love:

- The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
- The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
- Shang Hai Baby (Zhou Wei Hui)
- 11 Minutes (Paulo Coelho)
- All Harry Potter Books  (J.K. Rowling)



Thank God it's Friday!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment