30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 6

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Favorite Songs

I judge a song the way I judge poems. If the words tug my heartstrings then it’s good enough for me. I am no connoisseur of songs and my predispositions lead me to the 'POP'-py side of the music spectrum. (In other words, I don’t care if the rest of the world says the song is corny. :D)

I was supposed to include all the lyrics of the songs however, it will make the post too long. I have, instead chosen my favorite snippets of the song.

Seasons of Love

This song’s meaning always brings a smile to my face. I listen to it whenever I get discouraged (like today).  I know in the end of my life it will all boil down to how much I’ve loved. Not my career, not approval of other people, not material things. It will be the relationships I’ve built that will define my life. Good thing, I’ve received and given so much love already. (Partida first 29 years palang yan ng buhay ko. :D)
 
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Six Hundred Minutes
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Moments so dear
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Six Hundred Minutes
How Do You Measure - Measure A Year?
In Daylights - In Sunsets
In Midnights - In Cups Of Coffee
In Inches - In Miles
In Laughter - In Strife

In - Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Six Hundred Minutes
How Do You Measure
A Year In The Life?
  
Oh you got to you got to remember the love,
You know that love is a gift from up above
Share love, give love, spread love

Measure, measure your life in love.

Drops of Jupiter – Train

Loved this song during my college days. I have never forgotten the feeling when I first ‘discovered’ this song.

Tell me did you sail across the sun
Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated

But tell me, did you fall for a shooting star
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you, even when I know you’re wrong
Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance five-hour phone
Conversation
The best soy latte that you ever had . . . and me

Are you lonely looking for yourself out there

(cute diba?) :D


Everything – Michael Buble

This song always brings back the memory of my wedding and how much namin ni JP ‘kinarir’ ang wedding preparation. This is the song that plays in the background of our wedding website (a.k.a. ‘wedsite). You can check our wedsite here. The lyrics are both simple and sweet.

You're the swimming pool, on an August day.
And you're the perfect thing to say.

And you play it coy but it's kinda cute.
Ah, when you smile at me you know exactly what you do.

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.


Chasing Pavements – Adele

I have to include my ultimate videoke song.

Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasin' pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste
Even if I knew my place
Should I leave it there
Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasin' pavements
Even if it leads nowhere


Paano – Apo Hiking Society

I also have to include hubby’s ultimate videoke song (which I’ve also come to love as well). I love almost all of Apo’s song.

Paano mo malalaman
Itong pag-ibig ko sa ‘yo
Paano mo mararamdaman
Ang tibok ng puso ko
Kung lagi kang kinakabahan
Na ika’y masasaktan
Pangako ko, ang puso mo’y
Hindi pakakawalan

Subukan mong magmahal
O giliw ko
Kakaibang ligayang matatamo
Ang magmahal ng iba’y
Di ko gagawin
Pagka’t ikaw lang
Tanging sasambahin
Huwag ka nang mangagamba
Pag-ibig ko’y ikaw
Wala nang iba


It's a cold Wednesday evening. This is my favorite weather. Stay thankful and loving everyone.

To find out more about the 30 blog challenge, you may click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment