30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 5

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Favorite quotes

The single greatest purpose of wealth is to love others.
- Bo Sanchez

"Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
– 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Why had he obstinately clung to that dream?
So all these years--since when?--he had been seeing the light of dead stars, long extinguished, yet seemingly still in their appointed places in the heavens.
– Paz Marquez-Benitez (from the short story Dead Stars)


I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good

– Stephen Schwartz (from the song For Good)



"To be, or not to be, that is the question."
– William Shakespeare

"Everything happens for a reason."
– Author unknown

So what are your favorite quotes? :)

To know more about the 30 Day Blog Challenge, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment