30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE - DAY 23

Saturday, September 10, 2011

A letter to my parents

Dear Dadda and Mama,

Thank you for having all five of us. It sure was a happy and exciting life in our own little cozy house. You did not raise me a perfect person but you made me feel so accepted early on. This gave me the confidence to form deep and loving relationships with all my friends and my now husband.

Your love remains to be most precious gift you both have given me. And of course thanks for sending me to school. There, I learned how to write, how to express myself, to become a leader and to be tolerant of others.

Overall, it was a balanced, tough, and happy life. I grew with a hunger to succeed. And at the same time I realized that there are far more important things in this world than money. I grew with dreams both realistic and grand.

Dadda, I will never forget when you borrowed a HUGE plastic Philippines map from PAGASA when I joined a newcasting contest when I was in Grade 5. There I was so nervous because I'm the next to perform when I saw you came in the auditorium with a humongous map in tow. I gave the performance of my life because you never let me down when you said I will have the coolest map for the "weather report" part. You were always there dad, thank you.

Mama, you taught me how to cook. You always made me feel beautiful. You showed me a great example of what unconditional love is. I don't think anyone could love me as much as you have. You made every little accomplishment I did in this life a big deal for you. And because of you, I am the person I am today.

Stay young. I love you both very much.

From,
Ate Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment